Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happenings 4th of July

We had a beautiful day today to celebrate! 
I worked out in our garden a little bit this morning and Norm and I took off on Miss Honda Goldwing for a very much needed ride. What fun to see families celebrating and being togther enjoying themselves. We went into Gregory for the annual BBQ eating half of a delicious chicken, beans, roll, chips and a pop.
My sister had us for supper at 4:00 and later we relaxed on their porch for a couple of hours.....lazy afternoon really.
I did manage to get amazing pictures today to share with you tonight.
So here are some of them with a beautiful sunset. I hate to see this day end, it was so much fun.

These are mostly of my garden for this post. I was so happy the way these pictures turned out.
See this plant and what's in it? Look close, I actually had 5 of them in there. This plant is called Golden Alexander (Zizia Aurea). It is a native plant and provides food for the larvae of the Black and Ozark Swallowtails while providing nectar for other butterflies and bees.

Closer look just munching away! So pretty!

This plant likes full sun and blooms in the Spring and is a Prairie habitat species.


This beauty was on my purple coneflowers today.
I need to look in my butterfly book because I am not sure what this one is. Tell me if you know.




Tonights sunset!


~ God Bless America~

Earlene

No comments:

Post a Comment