Thursday, December 22, 2011

Calico Beans/ Menu/ Pics






Ornaments on my tree.
I found this in Jeffries Antique Mall. (Ohio)
Great Old Butter Churn I have sitting next to my Dough Box in the kitchen.
Large Old Grain Scoop I found in Ohio a couple of weeks ago.
I put the greens and a flicker candle in it.

Recipe for you.
I finished my meal shopping today and wanted to share a recipe with you that tastes great with Ham. It is called Calico Beans and is very easy to make and the smells are wonderful ....and very tastey.
Plus I needed to sit down and take a break.
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bacon
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. salt
2 t. vinegar
1/2 T. garlic salt
1 can pork and beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can lima beans, drained
Cook beef and bacon ( I cook together). Drain well. Mix all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. ( I cook 60 minutes)
I doubled the recipe for Christmas and it is the first to go.
My menu is
2 Hams
Calico Beans
Baked Beans
Corn Casserole
Sweet Potatoe Souffle
Parmesan Potatoes
Kraut and Sausage
Michigan Salad
Raw Veggie Tray
Cheese Tray
Rolls and Butter
Pumpkin Pie
Stollen
Eggnogg
Oh I'm hungry!
"Blessings "
~Earlene~

No comments:

Post a Comment